Monday, May 2, 2011

VOTE

This is not a political blog. Nor am I the kind of person who is especially well versed in politics, so this post isn't a forum for me to voice my opinions on today's Canadian Federal Election.

Very simply, I'm writing to remind my Canadian readers to get out and vote.


It's a topic that is a bit of a departure from my usual subject matter on the connections between life and books, but it's a very important message to be shared.

In a time where social media is so prevalent I have been bombarded with opinions, complaints, and critiques about the government and the election.  It's wonderful to live in a time where we can be so free to express these views in such an easily accessed public way, but voter turn-out is always shockingly low. Keep voicing your opinions, but also exercise your right to vote.

Confused? Click here to check out this site for everything you need to know about the candidates, leaders, parties, platforms, and news surrounding this election campaign.

Canadians, get out and vote today!

No comments: