Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WTJ: Draw Lines While in Motion...

The sun is shining. The birds are chirping. The ice in the pool is melting. And that can only mean one thing... Bathing suit season is just around the corner.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not one of those girls who gets all stressed out that I don't look exactly like Giselle in a bikini. I've long since accepted the fact that my curvier 5"3 frame will never grace the centrefold of a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.  But every Spring I am reminded that I have lived a less than healthy winter and want to do my best to feel absolutely great about myself once those rays of sun are at their shiniest.

I don't like getting winded walking up a flight of stairs. And though I am far from being obese, a long winter of hibernation tends to take its toll.

So, for the past few weeks I've gotten myself back into a routine of some cardio and Pilates, and despite my ever increasing frustration with how long of a process it can be to start seeing results, I can definitely say I'm feeling them. My stiff knee has more mobility, I feel stronger, I get less winded on the stairs, and generally, I just have more energy. (I sound like I'm approaching 80 years old, instead of being a 20something).

To remind myself of how good I feel I documented today's workout in a WTJ exercise. Instructed to "draw lines while in motion," I did just that while doing my cardio this morning. Though the overall hideousness of the drawing could represent my frustration over a lack of visible results so far, I think in the long run it'll remind me to just go ahead get active. Whenever I flip past that page I'll think, "Hey! Remember what it was like to be active?" and go for it.

No comments: