Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royal Wedding

Originally, I thought it would be easy to write about what I was fortunate enough to witness early this morning: The Royal Wedding of Prince William of Wales and Catherine Middleton. As it turns out, the hopeless romantic in me finds it very hard to put into words what can only be described as truly beautiful morning full of all of the fantasy I had hoped for.

If you're a book lover like me, you know all about "Once upon a time..." and "Happily Ever After."  Fairy tales are no mystery to you.  Today we got to bear witness to a real life fairy tale moment.


Everything seemed perfect to me. The classic dress. Understated tiara (well, as understated as a Cartier tiara passed down from the Queen Mother can be). Simple flowers complete with "sweet williams" (a touching tribute to her new husband). The lovely readings and speeches at the ceremony. The sweetest, most bashful groom I can ever remember seeing. Even that moment where William had to really squeeze that ring on Kate's finger was wonderfully sweet as it reminded me that they're just two young people, Royal or common, utterly in love.


My early morning, complete with tea and crumpets, was made more perfect by the lovely newlyweds' first excited kiss, followed by a second.  Everything was a highlight.


If you missed it this morning, watch the replays and highlights this afternoon and tonight. It's wonderful reminder in a world of disasters and war of the beauty of love and celebrating it.


Congratulations, William and Kate.

No comments: