Monday, March 21, 2011

Ready to Get Lost in "The Lost Girls"

Do you hear that? It's the Songs of the Humpback Whale fading into the distance.

I have no intentions to dwell on it for too long. It was an okay read. Which I realize is not a sterling review. But the forward-backward timeline basically took a lot away from what could have been an otherwise very emotional climax and storyline in general.

With that said, I am very excited to get started on my next novel, The Lost Girls, by Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett & Amanda Pressner.  The tagline for the novel reads: "Three Friends. Four Continents. One Unconventional Detour Around the World." What makes it even more appealing is the fact that it is a travel memoir, and therefore, a true story told in 3 voices. (Seems very Eat, Pray, Love x 3).

This novel comes to me at an appropriate time. Purchased months ago, it has sat on my bookshelf just waiting for me to crack the spine (metaphorically of course . . . spine cracking goes against my book treatment code of ethics. For more information see my post on my New Project).  I'm anxious to read about the adventures of 3 women, roughly my age, looking for something different and new to shake up their lives. I can't help but feel similarly to them, although I'll leave the four continent world tour to the likes of Gaga and Bieber. I'll keep you posted.

Happy Reading!

No comments: