Saturday, June 2, 2012

Review: Fifty Shades Darker

More often than not, in these literary mega-series, the second instalment is usually a bit disappointing. (Think, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, or Twilight's New Moon).

Fifty Shades Darker has managed to climb the mountain that is the sophomore slump and come out more than victorious.

I really can't divulge any major plot points because it would surely ruin the story for anyone crazy enough to have not started reading this series yet. (I'm not unaware of the irony behind the fact that I am also a bit behind on this Fifty Shades trend).

I couldn't resist this photo.
The excitement and intrigue continued page after page.

There's also something I find so stimulating about a story whose ending I can only begin to guess at as I near the last 30 or so pages.

Fifty Shades Darker is everything the title promises and then suddenly, the lights are out, and you're itching to tear open the 3rd (and final?) book: Fifty Shades Freed.

Since I'm not sure if I'm ready to be freed from this series quite yet, I'll suppress my urge to read more and wait until tomorrow.

PS - I am painfully aware of the vagueness of this post and I do apologize. But, I sincerely would hate to give anything away. The story is actually just that good. It's really something to see the insides of both Anastasia and Christian unravel as they discover themselves and each other. (There, I've already said too much)...

No comments: