Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Twosday Timeout

If for you, the holidays means a few days off work, with quiet nights spent cuddled up on the couch reading a book and sipping some hot chocolate, consider yourself living my fantasy.  For me, the holidays are a whirlwind of get-togethers with family and friends, filled with food, drinks, booming voices, board games, laughter, movies, and just constant moving.

Trust me, I'm not complaining.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

But I'm really looking forward to my last few days of vacation before I start my new job, because that fantasy of the hot chocolate, couch, book, and a roaring fire are very appealing after about 2 weeks of non-stop activity.

The last time I picked up my book was on the flight home 2 weeks ago

But there he was, swaying and happy, and there she was, static and deeply dissatisfied, wondering why on earth she had chosen to be the glue holding it all together. 'Dad!' Lou announced.
The Gift by Cecelia Ahern, pg. 100

Can't wait to get this book finished! How has your holiday reading gone?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

"This was more like it, Mr. X thought as he humped an unconscious civilian vampire up onto his shoulder. He carried the male quickly through the alley, opened the back of the minivan, and laid his prey down like a sack of potatoes." (Dark Lover by J.R.Ward, p. 216)