Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Twosday Timeout

Well, now that I'm back in the swing of working full-time and will soon be getting into the swing of planning a wedding, my reading time has suffered.

Today, on my drive home from work in Toronto traffic, I even considered the possibility of audio books to get me through the drive... But the drive isn't THAT long, and something about audio books feels like cheating when I blog about the joys of actually reading...

So for now, I'll stick with barely getting through a few pages a night as I fight to keep my eyelids from closing shut. Which means today's two come from only 13 pages beyond last week's two.

At seven p.m. that evening, when the rest of his colleagues had been spat out of the office building and then sucked in by the spreading Christmas mania outside, Lou Suffern remained inside at his desk, feeling less like the dapper businessman and more like Aloysius, the schoolboy on detention whom he'd fought so hard over the years to leave behind. [Whoa! Long sentence!] Aloysius stared at the files on the desk before him with all the same excitement as being faced with a plate of veg, their very green existence presiding over his freedom.

The Gift by Cecelia Ahern, page 113

Why am I still reading a Christmas-themed novel? Might need a reading binge this weekend...
 

No comments: