Thursday, November 10, 2011

Best of 2000

Milestone Alert: 2000 Page Views

I'm a celebrator. I like to celebrate silly milestones. For example, I was recently devastated to discover that I missed my car hitting the 150,000 km mark.  Seriously, I had been monitoring the odometer for weeks.  I was so close. 149,968... 149,987... Then one day, I wasn't behind the wheel. And it slipped my mind. Next thing I knew: 150,013... 13 kms. Just missed it. Crushing defeat ensued.

But I wasn't going to miss this one. I've been monitoring my blog stats like a crazy woman the past few days, several times a day. And today was my lucky day! I caught the 2000th page view. My only wish is that I could  know who it was. So if you viewed my blog at about 2:30pm EST, let me know! There's no prize or anything... But you can certainly make my day!

Every milestone needs a celebration. My 1000th page view got one and so this one will too!

If you follow me closely, and have checked out my Bookshelf, you'd know that I'm a big enjoyer of GoodReads. It has excellent book ratings, discussions, and a fun feature called "Listopia." I love lists. So, I turned to one such list as my source of celebration.


The Best Books of the Decade: 2000s - The top 100 reader-voted best books from 2000-2009

Of course, I read through the entire list and wanted to share the books I've read and their rankings (in brackets) on the GoodReads list:

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling (#1)
2. The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (#3)
3. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling (#4)
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling (#5)
5. Twilight by Stefanie Meyer (#6)
6. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling (#7)
7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (#8)
8. Breaking Dawn by Stefanie Meyer (#17)
9. The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown (#18)
10. Eclipse by Stefanie Meyer (#19)
11. New Moon by Stefanie Meyer (#22)
12. The Help by Kathryn Stockett (#23)
13. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (#25)
14. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (#34)
15. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (#62)
16. Eragon by Christopher Paolini (#90)


And here is a brief analysis of what I've learned from this:
1. I've read entirely too much youth and young adult fiction.
2. I've read nearly the entire Top 10. Books I'm missing:
- The Kite Runner by









No comments: