Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Tuesday Teaser

That's right! I've re-named my Tuesday feature blog "The Tuesday Teaser." Twosday Timeout never really sat well with me and today I realized what I'm REALLY trying to do is give you a bit of a teaser for the novel... try to convince you to pick it up and read it yourself!

So, without further adieu, I will open my novel, City of Bones, to the page I'm currently on, and share a few sentences with you... Please feel free to tease me back with what you're reading.

Jace took out his stele and touched it to the stone. With a grinding noise, it moved back, revealing a dark compartment underneath. Inside the compartment was a long wooden box; Jace lifted the lid, and regarded the neatly arranged objects inside with satisfaction.
(City of Bones  pg. 255)

Oooo... I wonder what they could be!?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I missed it yesterday! But I haven't read since last night, so here is goes!

"Appelviken felt unfamiliar, even foreign, when for the first time in eighteen months Salander turned into the drive in her rented Nissan Micra. From the age of fifteen she had come twice a year to the nursing home where her mother had been since 'All The Evil' had happened."
(The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson)