Friday, February 4, 2011

It's About Time...

Read for enjoyment. Read to relax. Read to escape. Read to laugh... to cry... to be afraid... to feel understood. Read to be alone. Read to gain a new perspective. Read to pass the time...

That's what it's all about, afterall. Time. Whether we read books, magazines, newspapers, plays, poetry, or blogs, we're reading to pass the time, have a good time, keep up with the times, or to be transported to another time.

For me, as a supply teacher working about 2 days per week, I read for all of those reasons. I have always enjoyed reading, and lately I find myself devouring one book after another in an attempt to fill my days off with something that entertains me.

My goal here is to continue reading with this intense fervour but to take it a step further and offer my reviews of the books I read. I will always post the books I'm reading, and if you want to read along with me, it could make for some interesting discussions afterward... our own little 21st century book club.

A few days ago I began Commencement: A Novel by J. Courtney Sullivan. You can find a link to the book on amazon.ca to the left. It's probably a little late to catch up with me, as I'm sure to finish the book in the next day or so, but details are soon to follow about what's next on my bookshelf so you can join in.
For now, check out Commencement and the other tabs.

Happy Reading.

No comments: